- Elder Abuse Hotline - this is a free, confidential service offering support and information that can help clarify your concerns and refer you to other agencies. Phone: 1300 651 192 (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm) or visit their website.
- Elder Abuse Prevention Unit - as well as running the Elder Abuse Hotline, the unit offers education and training throughout Queensland for seniors groups and service providers.It produces a range of publications and its general brochure is available in 12 languages.
- Seniors Legal And Support Service - If you are a victim of elder abuse or feel that you have been mistreated or taken advantage of financially, help is available. Seniors Legal And Support Service (SLASS) provide free legal assistance, information and social work services for people over 60. The services can assist you with:
- legal information and advice
- social work services
- short-term counselling
- advocacy on your behalf
- a referral to other legal, consumer and support services
- representation in court or before tribunals (in certain circumstances).
You can get help by phone, appointment at a service centre or, where possible, they can visit you in your home or another safe location. They are based in Brisbane, Cairns, Hervey Bay, Toowoomba and Townsville. For more information contact your nearest SLASS centre.
- Relationships Australia (Queensland) Elder Abuse Prevention and Support Service (EAPSS) - this is a case management service for people aged 60 and older (or 50 and older for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) who are at risk of, or experiencing, elder abuse. Services are located in Rockhampton, Gladstone, Mackay, the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast. Phone: 1300 063 232 (Monday to Friday, 8am–8pm; Saturday, 9am–5pm) or visit their website. Services include:
- safety plan development
- referral to dedicated legal practitioners to provide legal information and advice
- referral to counselling and mediation
- referral to other relevant services
- community education and information about elder abuse prevention.
- ADA Australia - ADA Australia provides information and individual advocacy for adults aged 65 years and older who live in residential care in the greater Brisbane area and who are experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, abuse from their formal or informal decision makers, carers, family or friends. Phone: 1800 818 338 (Monday to Friday, 9am–4pm) or visit their website.
- Seniors Enquiry line - the Seniors Enquiry line is an information and referral service for Queensland seniors, families, friends, grandparents and carers. It offers help with accessing concessions, social activities, household assistance, retirement accommodation, financial and legal matters, health, education, transport and many other issues. Phone: 1300 135 500 or visit their website.
- The Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) - OPAN supports older people to help resolve concerns and complaints, specifically those experiencing elder abuse. The service is free, independent and confidential. Specific information about elder abuse issues is provided here. Phone: 1800 700 600 or visit the OPAN website.