The OPG endeavours to make all decisions in a timely manner. However, a number of factors may impact on the decision-making process and the timeframe in which a decision can be made, for example in cases where:
- the person or their family is objecting to the nursing home placement
- there is conflict within the person’s family about the decision
- there are delays in the person’s financial administrator being able to confirm the person’s ability to pay for the proposed placement
- the person has complex behavioural or medical issues which require specialist support
- the person has specific cultural/religious needs
- it is highly desirable that the person be placed in a particular locale.